The IC-M88 is built tough to withstand hazardous and unhospitable environments at sea and on land. Even if the IC-M88 is dropped into water, complete waterproofing* will protect it from harm. The compact and durable body has been tested to the military specifications (MIL-STD) * Equivalent to JIS waterproof grade 7. (1m depth for 30 minutes)
6 clearly labelled buttons on the front panel and the volume/power knob maximize simplicity of operation. Even when wearing gloves, the large buttons are easy to operate. A large, clear LCD with backlighting and backlit buttons make night time operation simple.
With the standard 1700mAh Li-Ion battery pack, the BP-227, you can get up to 15 hours of talk time* without worrying about ‘memory effect’ on batteries. An optional AA alkaline battery case, BP-226, provides a convenient back up and great reassurance in an emergency. * Typical operation; Tx:Rx:Stand-by duty ratio = 5:5:90
An optional waterproof speaker-microphone, the HM-138, provides reliable operation, even with the IC-M88 securely on your belt.
The IC-M88 has 22 programmable channels reserved for Land use (146–174MHz). Wide/narrow channel spacing is programmable for each channel, and CTCSS and DTCS signaling is built-in. *Appropriate license will be required.
- Auto WX scan and wX Alert function (U.s.A version only)
- Simple Up/Down switches for operating channel selection
- Instant access to Ch. 16 and Ch. 9 (or call channel)
- Simple add/delete TAG scanning operation
- Powerful 5W ouput
- 2 step power saver
- 4 level battery indicator
- The self check function checks< internal temperature, connected battery voltage (over voltage detection), and water intrusion/li>